AE di Milano Jacket Fraud, Location on Alcorn Ave and Yonge Street, Toronto ON
Incident happened around 3.40pm - 5pm
I went out to get supply for my office and on the way back to my office an italian guy who was driving a silver SUV (not sure what brand was it) stopped me and asked for a direction to Pearson International Airport, because his phone has no internet. I helped him by showing my phone with a map on it and he took photos. He said "Oh, you're the only person that helping me out, thank you!".
I thought it's over.. and this next part is what makes me feel like a *** man for being too nice to people in my daily life by doing what he asked. Anyway, He asked me to get into his car because it's freezing outside -16ish, and he said I have to ask for your help one more time.. (good game here)
He said his credit card is over-limit and can't be used for another 24 hours and he has to pay for the AVIS car he's renting before he flies back to Milan later that night. So I said okay how? He then explained his occupation (it's all fake) as a fashion designer from Milan and just had a fashion show in Yorkville for 2-3 weeks. He showed me some random photos while bullshitting how he works with these hollywood actors and actresses. Then he handed out his business card (he just tried to make me believe all his story). He even explained the materials and detail of these jackets to me. I fell for it, and I thought I should help him. Then he offered me these "brand new" leather jackets (brand is AE di Milano) that he does not want to bring back to Milan, because of high rate % tax he has to pay, so he offered me these jackets if I can give him some cash to pay his car; he then told me to call one of his assistants that will help me next Monday Feb 23, 2015 at Harry Rosen, Eaton Centre to help me getting a one of these jackets refunded, so I can get my money back in exchange of giving him some cash, because these jackets will be launched next Monday. So I agreed (I know I'm *** that I did not think enough). I gave him some cash more than $500 and he gave me 3 jackets that he said it's worth $10,000 (meeeehh..lies lies lies). We went to TD bank I gave him cash and he dropped me off at my office and drove away.
Then I realized once I got back to my office, his story is all strange and does not make any sense, checked on the internet and wow this incident has been happening a lot…. and I know I'm *** already. So I lost a big amount of cash just to get 3 fake leather jackets. Called police and asked what they can do, and they said they can't do anything because it's not an illegal action that they can take action unto that person, it falls into a trading category even though I got tricked. I gave him money, he gave me stuff in return. I believe these guys run in an organization to fraud people, they know their actions are in a grey area that police can't take legal action. So I hope this story helps you not to get tricked by these guys.
An italian guy drove an SUV claimed that he's a fashion designer, had a fashion show for 3 weeks and asked my help for direction and then asked for cash to pay rental car because his credit card is over limit. Offered leather jackets in exchange of $10,000 worth of jackets.
I fell for it and helped him, lost $$ and police can't do anything. gg
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Leather Jacket
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "So me and my mum got sucked into Twinkledeals and each bought the same grey tunic top which looked AMAZING on the model and in the picture (which I've helpfully..."
- "Bought these boots maybe a year or so ago. Wore once in Dec 2014 to plow snow on tractor. Noticed black powder on floor, thought it was dirt. Today..."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "This company is a SCAM. Eli Levinson is a thief and conniving man. He has lied about everything, falsified documents, made fictitious claims. - Rented our properties well below market..."
- "DON'T SHOPE AT BRIDESIRE, QUALITY IS HORRIBLE AND THE DRESS RARELY LOOK LIKE THE PHOTO. ALSO NOTICE THEY DON'T HAVE DETAILED PHOTOS OF THE DRESS EVER. ONLY ONE ANGLE AND..."
- "I rented my personal home outside Toronto via Flipkey. They charge approx 13% commission in my case which is fine. They accepted my booking in Canadian Dollars. They accepted payment..."