AE di Milano Jacket Fraud, Location on Alcorn Ave and Yonge Street, Toronto ON
Incident happened around 3.40pm - 5pm
I went out to get supply for my office and on the way back to my office an italian guy who was driving a silver SUV (not sure what brand was it) stopped me and asked for a direction to Pearson International Airport, because his phone has no internet. I helped him by showing my phone with a map on it and he took photos. He said "Oh, you're the only person that helping me out, thank you!".
I thought it's over.. and this next part is what makes me feel like a *** man for being too nice to people in my daily life by doing what he asked. Anyway, He asked me to get into his car because it's freezing outside -16ish, and he said I have to ask for your help one more time.. (good game here)
He said his credit card is over-limit and can't be used for another 24 hours and he has to pay for the AVIS car he's renting before he flies back to Milan later that night. So I said okay how? He then explained his occupation (it's all fake) as a fashion designer from Milan and just had a fashion show in Yorkville for 2-3 weeks. He showed me some random photos while bullshitting how he works with these hollywood actors and actresses. Then he handed out his business card (he just tried to make me believe all his story). He even explained the materials and detail of these jackets to me. I fell for it, and I thought I should help him. Then he offered me these "brand new" leather jackets (brand is AE di Milano) that he does not want to bring back to Milan, because of high rate % tax he has to pay, so he offered me these jackets if I can give him some cash to pay his car; he then told me to call one of his assistants that will help me next Monday Feb 23, 2015 at Harry Rosen, Eaton Centre to help me getting a one of these jackets refunded, so I can get my money back in exchange of giving him some cash, because these jackets will be launched next Monday. So I agreed (I know I'm *** that I did not think enough). I gave him some cash more than $500 and he gave me 3 jackets that he said it's worth $10,000 (meeeehh..lies lies lies). We went to TD bank I gave him cash and he dropped me off at my office and drove away.
Then I realized once I got back to my office, his story is all strange and does not make any sense, checked on the internet and wow this incident has been happening a lot…. and I know I'm *** already. So I lost a big amount of cash just to get 3 fake leather jackets. Called police and asked what they can do, and they said they can't do anything because it's not an illegal action that they can take action unto that person, it falls into a trading category even though I got tricked. I gave him money, he gave me stuff in return. I believe these guys run in an organization to fraud people, they know their actions are in a grey area that police can't take legal action. So I hope this story helps you not to get tricked by these guys.
An italian guy drove an SUV claimed that he's a fashion designer, had a fashion show for 3 weeks and asked my help for direction and then asked for cash to pay rental car because his credit card is over limit. Offered leather jackets in exchange of $10,000 worth of jackets.
I fell for it and helped him, lost $$ and police can't do anything. gg
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Leather Jacket
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off. I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me. Over the..."
- "After 15 months, my Asics running shoes fell apart. I'm a very casual runner and I don't ever run more than 3miles. My hand goes through the top, like a..."
- "I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true. The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive. I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom..."
- "In August, 2003 we decided to upgrade our 11 year old working GE refrigerator in our cottage with an upscale Frigidaire Model.We bought the model from Future Shop in Montreal..."
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "I signed up with bidtoro.com in July. Took a while to figure out how the bidding process works as mass bidding takes place within the last 5 minutes. After losing..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."