Incident happened around 3.40pm - 5pm
I went out to get supply for my office and on the way back to my office an italian guy who was driving a silver SUV (not sure what brand was it) stopped me and asked for a direction to Pearson International Airport, because his phone has no internet. I helped him by showing my phone with a map on it and he took photos. He said "Oh, you're the only person that helping me out, thank you!".
I thought it's over.. and this next part is what makes me feel like a *** man for being too nice to people in my daily life by doing what he asked. Anyway, He asked me to get into his car because it's freezing outside -16ish, and he said I have to ask for your help one more time.. (good game here)
He said his credit card is over-limit and can't be used for another 24 hours and he has to pay for the AVIS car he's renting before he flies back to Milan later that night. So I said okay how? He then explained his occupation (it's all fake) as a fashion designer from Milan and just had a fashion show in Yorkville for 2-3 weeks. He showed me some random photos while bullshitting how he works with these hollywood actors and actresses. Then he handed out his business card (he just tried to make me believe all his story). He even explained the materials and detail of these jackets to me. I fell for it, and I thought I should help him. Then he offered me these "brand new" leather jackets (brand is AE di Milano) that he does not want to bring back to Milan, because of high rate % tax he has to pay, so he offered me these jackets if I can give him some cash to pay his car; he then told me to call one of his assistants that will help me next Monday Feb 23, 2015 at Harry Rosen, Eaton Centre to help me getting a one of these jackets refunded, so I can get my money back in exchange of giving him some cash, because these jackets will be launched next Monday. So I agreed (I know I'm *** that I did not think enough). I gave him some cash more than $500 and he gave me 3 jackets that he said it's worth $10,000 (meeeehh..lies lies lies). We went to TD bank I gave him cash and he dropped me off at my office and drove away.
Then I realized once I got back to my office, his story is all strange and does not make any sense, checked on the internet and wow this incident has been happening a lot…. and I know I'm *** already. So I lost a big amount of cash just to get 3 fake leather jackets. Called police and asked what they can do, and they said they can't do anything because it's not an illegal action that they can take action unto that person, it falls into a trading category even though I got tricked. I gave him money, he gave me stuff in return. I believe these guys run in an organization to fraud people, they know their actions are in a grey area that police can't take legal action. So I hope this story helps you not to get tricked by these guys.
An italian guy drove an SUV claimed that he's a fashion designer, had a fashion show for 3 weeks and asked my help for direction and then asked for cash to pay rental car because his credit card is over limit. Offered leather jackets in exchange of $10,000 worth of jackets.
I fell for it and helped him, lost $$ and police can't do anything. gg
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Leather Jacket
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true. The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive. I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom..."
- "The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off. I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me. Over the..."
- "The right side is higher than the left side & very bulky under the cup &it needs to be shortened ? ..."
- "In August, 2003 we decided to upgrade our 11 year old working GE refrigerator in our cottage with an upscale Frigidaire Model.We bought the model from Future Shop in Montreal..."
- "After several attempts to contact LL to resolve my defective flooring issue.And several complaints to the BBB about LL I received no compensation about the defective flooring that I purchased..."
- "Can someone please take the initiative to file a suit against these guys? I have evidence that they contacted me, phone records and emails. I believe they hacked all of..."
- "A few week's ago, I purchased 2 my pillow standard queen, only one that is available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I purchased for our rv. I then..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."